Legend by Marie LuMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 4.19
Genre: Sci Fi, Dystopia, Young Adult
Goodreads Summary:
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.
From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.
My Rating: 3.9
I really struggled with this rating! Legend was not what I expected at all but it was good! It had all the necessary elements of a good dystopian romance novel. I can't quite put my finger on what I didn't like about it...
I felt like everything happened so fast and we were barely given time to be curious about something before we could make out the answer (way before the characters did). The first half was a bit slow but I liked the idea of it.
My favorite part was the way it was written in both perspectives... Being able to see the story from both sides while still missing one side is interesting. I did like the characters and I like the idea of the Rupublic who handles adversity with torture and violence.
I'll put the next one on my "to be read next month" list.
View all my reviews
Alternative Covers:



I liked this series but I think The Young Elites is better.
ReplyDeleteYah so do I.. I still need to read The Rose Society
Delete