Sunday, March 15, 2015

The In Vitro Journey: The Plan, Part I

Originally, when I created this blog, my intention was to showcase some sneak peaks into our daily life and follow us on a journey we have been building up to for quite some time. It has turned out to be very little of that and more of a place for me to sort out all my book reviews & obsessions. If you're one of the people who tuned in to follow our little love story, I apologize for falling off track. I promise when there is more exciting info to share, I will do so in as much detail as possible.

We have been doing well over the past few weeks at opening the lines of communication regarding our upcoming procedures. We have began taking small steps towards healthier lives including more fruits and veggies, less fast food, more cardio, water, and vitamins. I am down 18 pounds in two months and the target BMI is in close sight.  
Us yesterday before our 3 mile walk along the boardwalk @ sunset
(Our favorite old person past time, next to watching 
Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy 5 nights a week)

We seem to have a more concrete plan and time frame now as far as our plans to begin our IVF Journey goes. We will be moving in May and have a vacation planned in June, both of which will be a bit costly and not an ideal time for hormone shots and resting/preparing the body for pregnancy. We plan to meet with our doctor in mid to late June to schedule out our treatments and procedures and begin moving forward in July.



It's crazy how often I get asked by parents, "do you have any children?". When I respond with "no, not yet" the response is ALWAYS "lucky you! Wait as long as you can" and "kids change everything."

Going through all of this, I don't even know how to respond to that. Of course the standard thing to do is just laugh and say something like, "Oh, I bet!" But inside I'm thinking, "there's nothing lucky about my answer to that question" and  "yes, I realize kids change everything, that's what I'm going for here!"

If nothing else this is a lesson for me to not judge a book by it's cover. You really never know the details of someones life until you sit down with them and really get to the nitty gritty. Maybe statements like "consider yourself lucky" shouldn't be a blanket thrown over everyone in child bearing years without a child. Maybe assumptions shouldn't be made that because you don't have children it must mean you don't want them or aren't ready for them. Or, maybe, possibly, I'm just over thinking it because it's something that hits close to home. Either way, I'll take the "advise" in stride and continue on this journey until we have our missing puzzle piece and can start putting together our own family puzzle.

It's late and the mister is already dead asleep. Time for me to join him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...