The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1 by Patrick NessMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 3.95
Goodreads Summary:
Prentisstown isn't like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in an overwhelming, never-ending stream of Noise. Just a month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd and his dog, Manchee -- whose thoughts Todd can hear too, whether he wants to or not -- stumble upon an area of complete silence. They find that in a town where privacy is impossible, something terrible has been hidden -- a secret so awful that Todd and Manchee must run for their lives.
But how do you escape when your pursuers can hear your every thought?
My Rating: 3.2
This was a pretty hard book to rate. I personally didn't like it that much but I could see why some people would.
I found it very annoying to read in such broken english, bad grammar, slang word, etc. I also thought this book was hard to follow and lacking a romance aspect. I guess I understand the reason behind it, one being that they were only 13/14 and the other being that there were no women around when Todd was growing up.
***SPOILERS***
I'm not usually an animal person but my favorite character was Manchee. At first I thought it was so annoying that he talked but I grew quite fond of him. I totally knew something was going to happen to him! He was too endeared to be safe to the end. That was a super sad point in the book.. I almost wanted to quit reading.
By the end I liked the characters enough, liked their budding relationship. The end was a total cliffhanger but I don't think I care to continue. I hope Viola lives, though I doubt they would allow that in New Prentistown.
View all my reviews
Alternative Covers:



No comments:
Post a Comment