Friday, March 20, 2015

Book Review: You Are Mine (Mine, #1) by Janeal Falor

You Are Mine by Janeal Falor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 3.80
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance

Goodreads Summary:
Serena knows a few simple things. She will always be owned by a warlock. She will never have freedom. She will always do what her warlock wishes, regardless of how inane, frivolous, or cruel it is. And if she doesn’t follow the rules, she will be tarnished. Spelled to be bald, inked, and barren for the rest of her life—worth less than the shadow she casts.

Then her ownership is won by a barbarian from another country. With the uncertainty that comes from belonging to a new warlock, Serena questions if being tarnished is really worse than being owned by a barbarian, and tempts fate by breaking the rules. When he looks the other way instead of punishing her, she discovers a new world. The more she ventures into the forbidden, the more she learns of love and a freedom just out of reach. Serena longs for both. But in a society where women are only ever property, hoping for more could be deadly.
 


My Rating: 4.5

I was provided an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book is kinda like Beauty and the Beast meets Harry Potter... Are you intrigued yet?
I am so impressed by this book! The premise and idea is intricate & well thought out. I found it interesting from start to finish. I absolutely loved the characters in it and loved seeing them grow and develop.

The love story came in late and was quite subtle but it was perfect in my opinion. I wish there was more! I could definitely see this be turned into a series and if so I will read them all.

*EDIT* I just realized it IS a series and that the second book is already out! Yay!! I can't wait to read more and watch Serena truly come out of her hole and fall in love with Zade. I hope it stays on Serena's story and doesn't switch to someone else.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...