My rating: 1 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 4.09
Genre: Romance, Young Adult, Contemporary
Goodreads Summary:
A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created 'perfect' life is about to unravel before her eyes. She's forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect.
Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.
In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.
My Actual Rating: 1.2
That was one of the worst books I've read in a really long time. I actually feel like I lost brain cells from reading it. The characters were SO stereotypical it was borderline racism.
The romance aspect was so far from believable I can't even explain it. One minute they hated each other and every thing about the other person and then all of a sudden "is it possible to be addicted to a person?" "she's the girl of my dreams." I wanted to throw up.
The author tried so hard to make the characters seem like they developed during the book but they didn't. At all. They were so one dimensional and flat! They made me want to pound on the keyboard AFKLSDH:FKLSDFJSDLKF
Anyways boy am I glad that is over.. I will never read anything by this author again.
View all my reviews
Alternative Covers:




No comments:
Post a Comment