Heir of Fire by Sarah J. MaasMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 4.61
Goodreads Summary:
Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.
While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?
My Rating: 4.5
Honestly this book took me a little longer than normal to get through. It wasn't exactly a "page turner".. a "I have to know what happens NOW" book. It was just really good, quality material. Good characters that you can't help but love. Extreme devastation when one dies or is going through some touch situation.
Celaena remains one of my top 3 favorite main characters in any book ever. She grows and changes and evolves in every single chapter of every single book. Usually I don't like when I get to know the main characters in book 1 & 2 and then the author goes and throws in new characters in book 3. Sometimes that can really ruin a book but that is so not the case here. All the new characters in Heir of Fire, Rowan, Maeve, Emrys, Luca, Aedion.. they were all enjoyable and interesting and I loved getting to know them.
I really savored this book cause I knew it would end without a Chaolaena reunion and that's what I found myself longing for throughout the book.
Time to wait and beg for an ARC of book 4! Can't wait to see Celaena's army rise up and change the world.
View all my reviews
Alternative Covers:

No comments:
Post a Comment