Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Champion (Legend, #3)Champion by Marie Lu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 4.40

Goodreads Summary:
He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?
 

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position. 

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything. 

With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.



Actual Rating: 4.5


AHHH!! That ending though. I was almost so angry about the ending until the last page.

This book was the perfect ending to this series. I couldn't have planned for it to go any better.

This book didn't drag at ALL.. There was action from start to finish. There were questions and then there were answers. There was crazy stupid love & feelings and there were twists and turns I couldn't even wrap my head around.

These characters have grown and changed at the perfect speed and intensity. They have all become so dear to me.

**SPOILER**

I'm so glad that  everyone lived in the end.. I thought for sure the author was going to kill off at least one of the main characters. I couldn't believe everything that went down in the "10 years later" chapter and I wasn't happy about it until the last page. It kinda felt like no matter which side of the love triangle you were on, you got a tiny bit of happily ever after.

Loved this series, love the characters, love the dystopian world, LOVE the historical background behind the dystopia and how the world came to be that way. It's not all that unbelievable to be honest.. We could be facing a similar society in the not so far away future.

View all my reviews

Alternative Covers:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...