Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that
we're eagerly anticipating.
My first "Waiting On" Wednesday will DEFINITELY have to be:

The Heir
Author: Kiera Cass
Release Date: May 5th, 2015
Publisher: Harper Teen
Author: Kiera Cass
Release Date: May 5th, 2015
Publisher: Harper Teen
HOW BEAUTIFUL IS THAT COVER!
Kiera Cass has done it again. She is definitely top 3 favorite authors of mine; everything she writes is phenomenal. She's also the only book signing I've gone to. Anyways, the Heir. This book was so unexpected. I was just getting over the heartache of The Selection Series coming to an end when she announced that she was doing 2 more. It was the best news I had received in quite some time. When I heard that the characters of this book are the CHILDREN of Maxon and America I knew it was gonna be amazing. I can't wait to experience another Selection Process! It will help with my withdrawals from "The Bachelor."
Goodreads Summary:
Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon’s heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn’t expect her Selection to be anything like her parents’ fairy-tale love story. But as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn’t as impossible as she always thought.

Yes!!! i need this book now!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat first pick! :)
I'm so excited to read this!! Good pick :)
ReplyDeleteI'm waiting for this one too! :) And I love the pretty cover. For the stars you wanted to put to your post I'm gonna try and teach you the best I can.
ReplyDeleteHead over to PicMonkey (online photo editor) or if you have Photoshop that's better. (I did mine on Photoshop because I've been using it for years already).
If you're using PicMonkey:
1. Head over to the site: www.PicMonkey.com
2. Select DESIGN
3. Canvas Color: Check TRANSPARENT (This is important)
4. Resize: UNCHECK Keep Proportions.
Enter 500 x 125
(Please use this size for all of your STAR ratings so as to make sure that the stars will be of the same size no matter what your rating is)
5. Select the BUTTERFLY icon
6. Click on STARS
7. Click on the STAR you want.
8. You can change the color of the star by dragging your mouse over the colors.
9. RESIZE your star to make it bigger.
10. On you keyboard press: Ctrl + C to copy the star then Ctrl + V to paste.
(You could press Ctrl + V 4 times so you would have 5 stars)
11. ARRANGE the stars on the canvas evenly.
12. Hit save! (Please make sure that your canvas is transparent before you save the image)
13. You can now delete some of the STARS and REARRANGE the remaining stars so that they are evenly distributed on your canvas. Do this for the rest of your STARS.
14. For the HALF star, click on the star you want to make to half, on the POP-UP BOX, If you're on the BASIC tab, click the ERASER tab. Choose the ERASER size and erase half of your star away.
(You need to do this for 4.5, 3.5, 2.5 and 1.5)
Please do not crop the picture or change the canvas size or your stars will appear differently each time, :) Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask if there's something you can't understand.
Danna @ A Reading Habit
15. If you're happy with the STARS, UPLOAD everything to Photobucket.
ReplyDelete16. When doing a new post/review, click on the insert image. Select from a URL.
17. Open your Photobucket account and click on the star you want. Ex: 4 Stars.
18. After clicking on the 4 stars, you could see codes at the right corner.
19. Click on the direct link. (It automatically copies the code)
20. Paste the code (Ctrl + C) to your blogger post (Insert image via URL)
@ Danna - wow thank you SO much for those instructions... I'm gonna try it out on my next review. xoxox
ReplyDeleteNo problem. I love helping people out. :) I also posted this on a thread at Goodreads. I'm a newbie blogger myself but I sorta have an idea on HTML (I'm not a pro though) because I used to love customizing my friendster page (Remember that? Gosh, I'm old) before it turned into a flash game site.
DeleteI don't remember friendster but I DO remember Myspace and Xanga.. That's where I learned to HTML haha
Delete