The Fiery Heart by Richelle MeadMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 4.43
Goodreads Summary:
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.
In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .
But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.
Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.
Actual Rating: 4.7
NOOOOOO!! That book can NOT end like that. I can NOT wait a whole month and a half to read the next one. I can't imagine reading this a year ago when it came out and having to wait a full year!
She's done it again! Richelle Mead has caused sleepless nights and inability to focus on anything other than Sydney & Adrian.. This book had SO SO SO many good parts that I couldn't stand to stop reading. All my other responsibilities were put on the back burner so I could enjoy and savor this sizzling hot book.
It was new and interesting to read from Adrian's perspective. At first I thought I wouldn't like it but of course I was wrong. Loving Adrian for the inside of his mind is even better! My heart breaks and swells with him and for him. As him and Sydney fall more and more in love and he gets a grasp on his spirit induced craziness, you really get to see him for all he is. He's stubborn and sensitive yet puts off this air of confidence like nothing ever bothers him. There's things about him that no body knows or understands except Sydney (and us readers). He used to be such a mystery and now, even though he's not much of a mystery any more, he still manages to surprise us and captivate us in every instance.
I can't wait to read Silver Shadows, I have an idea that the Alchemist Re-Education process will erase Adrian from her mind but she will have "shadows" of him and eventually all her Moroi friends will come to the rescue and break her out.
View all my reviews
Alternative Covers:




No comments:
Post a Comment