City of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 4.31
Goodreads Summary:
What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?
Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.
Actual Rating: 4.7
Re-read: May 2014
Originally Read: August 2013
:(((((
"I'm loosing him, I just know I am." Poor Magnus.
Loved it then and I love it now. Cassie Clare has this magical ability to make me fall head over heals with every character she creates. This book was full of sexy times between all my favorite couples. My heart fills and bleeds for these couples and there were some definite ups and downs.
The fight scene at the end was epic. I have heard people say that they like Sebastian and feel sorry for him because he jus wants to be loved but I don't have that soft spot for him. I think he was born and raised in evil. He is pure evil and bad blood and I don't like him at all.
The Alec/Magnus saga and the breakup at the end was devastating but I understand the hesitation on both sides. I hope they get back together in CoHF but I could also see one of them dying in that book :/
Bring on the end of this amazing magical era.
View all my reviews
Alternative Covers:


No comments:
Post a Comment