The 5th Wave by Rick YanceyMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 4.15
Goodread's Summary:
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.
Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker.
Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.
Actual Rating: 3.2
I was confused for about 75% of this book... I was like WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! Where did that guy come form? Who is talking!!?!? Who is human and who's not?!
So many questions but thankfully it came together in the end.. A lot of questions got answered at about 75% and then the action picked up and earned this book 3 stars instead of 2.
I really like the name Cassiopeia so that may have been my favorite part about this book. There was a bit of a love triangle but I never really fell for either of the guys.. Never liked one of them more than the other.
The "alien" aspect was confusing and when the "details" came out I really struggled to grasp my brain tentacles around them.
I don't know.. I'll have to reflect on this one. I don't know if I care enough to read the next one.
View all my reviews
I was confused for about 75% of this book... I was like WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! Where did that guy come form? Who is talking!!?!? Who is human and who's not?!
So many questions but thankfully it came together in the end.. A lot of questions got answered at about 75% and then the action picked up and earned this book 3 stars instead of 2.
I really like the name Cassiopeia so that may have been my favorite part about this book. There was a bit of a love triangle but I never really fell for either of the guys.. Never liked one of them more than the other.
The "alien" aspect was confusing and when the "details" came out I really struggled to grasp my brain tentacles around them.
I don't know.. I'll have to reflect on this one. I don't know if I care enough to read the next one.
View all my reviews
Alternative Covers:




No comments:
Post a Comment