Wednesday, September 17, 2014

If He Had Been with MeIf He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 4.17

Goodreads Summary:
If he had been with me everything would have been different...

I wasn't with Finn on that August night. But I should've been. It was raining, of course. And he and Sylvie were arguing as he drove down the slick road. No one ever says what they were arguing about. Other people think it's not important. They do not know there is another story. The story that lurks between the facts. What they do not know—the cause of the argument—is crucial.

So let me tell you...


Actual Rating: 3.0

Oh.... wow.. That ending... Just wow.

To be honest, it took me WAY too long to get through this book.. I just couldn't build up the motivation to pick it up and read! The characters just seem so young and immature (maybe that's just my age speaking) but it's written with an adults descriptive skills.. You do get to follow these characters through pretty much their whole childhood all the way through high school so that was interesting. There was a lot of opportunity for the characters to become dear to me, but they never did.

***SPOILER***

Because of the first chapter I expected the ending but the author took it to two more extremes.. I should have known because of the Romeo & Juliet comment way early on.. The sad kind of beautiful thing, kinda gave it away.

Anyways, I can't imagine being in Autumn's situation.. I'm glad I got to read about it rather than live it that's for sure. I liked the writing style and short chapters but all in all the plot was pretty dull.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...