The Death Cure by James DashnerMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 3.80
Goodreads Summary:
It’s the end of the line.
WICKED has taken everything from Thomas: his life, his memories, and now his only friends—the Gladers. But it’s finally over. The trials are complete, after one final test.
Will anyone survive?
What WICKED doesn’t know is that Thomas remembers far more than they think. And it’s enough to prove that he can’t believe a word of what they say.
The truth will be terrifying.
Thomas beat the Maze. He survived the Scorch. He’ll risk anything to save his friends. But the truth might be what ends it all.
The time for lies is over.
Actual Rating: 4.7
Amazing! A fantastic wrap up of a great series.
This author really impressed me! It takes some serious creativity and skill to work a story around a conclusion like this. I have never been more CONFUSED in my life though! The s one but the confusion was OKAY! It was a big part of what kept me interested. I wanted, no, NEEDED to find out the WHO's and WHEN's and WHY's. Each book individually was different in it's own way. Each started with an appropriate amount of confusion, then proceeded to a good amount of action and finished with a few answers to our confusion from the beginning.
I was not expecting a love triangle and I was NOT expecting a certain main character to die at the end but I'm not upset about it. It was necessary and meaningful, as are most fictional character deaths.
Throughout the series the main character is kind of all over the place but in the end he is able to gather all the details he has learned and can remember to figure out what is going on and save himself and his friends.
I can't wait to see the Maze Runner movie but I don't know that it will do well enough to continue on through this book.
View all my reviews
Alternative Covers:




No comments:
Post a Comment