So now the protocol changes to prepare my body during this crucial final week. My estrogen patches have been increased from 2 patches for 3 days to 4 patches. I also start oral Prometrium which is another hormone that when coupled with Estrogen patches mimics your body's natural cycle. On top of that I also will be starting twice daily Endometrin inserts. This insert contains 100 mg of micronized progesterone. Progesterone is a natural hormone that helps the uterine lining receive and nourish a fertilized egg. My other half and I will both have to take antibiotics for 3 days prior to transfer to insure that there are no bacterial infections that could compromise the process.
Anyways, enough with all the drugs and protocol talk. We are so excited to have come this far in this journey and to be this close to our ultimate goal. In a little over 3 weeks from now we will know the results on our first round of IVF. We will know if we will be adding a member to our little family or if we will be delayed again. We will either forget about every needle, every pill it's taken to get here or we will fail, and grieve, and be forced to pick up the pieces and start again. Either way, I feel so accomplished to have gotten this far and I personally am so thankful for the support from all sides. I hope to bring you good news in the near future! Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment