Gone Girl by Gillian FlynnMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Avg rating: 3.96
Goodreads Summary:
On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne's fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick's clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn't doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife's head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media--as well as Amy's fiercely doting parents--the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he's definitely bitter--but is he really a killer?
As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn't do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?
Actual Rating: 4.0
This book really threw my mind for a loop. It was a definite page turner, I couldn't stop reading until I had all the pieces to the puzzle. That's what earned the 4 star rating.
I knew something whacky was going on from the very beginning.. the husband being the actual suspect is just too easy. There had to be more. And boy was there. Amy is, and I mean this is the nicest way possible, literally bat shit crazy. She took her husband, the cops and us readers on an insane journey.. A plan formulated over the course of a year. Every single detail thought out, planned for, meticulously, ingeniously thought out.
I kept trying to guess what was going on.. Who was lying, who was hiding what.. I was wrong. Every time. In the beginning I was like okay Nick didn't do it but I still don't like him.. The person Amy was in the beginning made me feel like she was the good guy and he was the bad guy but by the end I had totally flip flopped sides.
All in all it was a good read.. I think it'd be interesting to see hollywoods spin on it.. Maybe make a good lifetime movie or series.
View all my reviews
Alternative Covers:



No comments:
Post a Comment